Are you tired of the same old date routines? Dinner at a nice restaurant is always romantic, but once you’ve decided where your favorite places to eat are, there really isn’t too much “adventure” in that option. Going to the movies is a classic and can be fun as well, but with the rising ticket and concession costs, you might as well go out and have a second dinner. While there are other ways to go out on dates, this list is full of romantic and playful options that are inexpensive and fun!
1. Go on a search for as many good climbing trees as possible, climb as high as you both can in all of them, compile photo evidence.
2. Go to a major chain bookstore, and leave notes to future readers in copies of your favorite books.
3. Have her dressed up as a ghost and you dress up as Pacman. Walk around downtown holding hands, and whenever anyone sees you two, pretend to be embarrassed, and run off screaming “wocka wocka wocka’
4. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that didn’t really happen.
5. Dress up as superheroes and stop at least one petty crime “ie. jaywalking, littering..?
6. Build forts out of furniture and blankets, and wage war with paper airplanes.
7. Try and visit as many people as you can in one night, and turn as many things inside their apartment upside down as you can, without them noticing.
8. Go to the airport, get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere when you show up, and stay there for a weekend.
9. Dress to the nines, pretend to be married, and test drive very expensive vehicles at an auto dealership.
10. Write a piece of fiction together. Outside at a cafe. Ask strangers when you get stuck.
11. Do the lamest tourist thing in your area that you have both secretly wanted to do forever. Have an unabashed good time!
12. In the middle of the night, drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic, then fall asleep together. Bring a sun umbrella.
13. Drive somewhere unknown and have dinner in a city you’ve never been to. With fake names.
14. Go to a minor league baseball game under the stars. Tell each other stories about how bad you are at athletics. Randomly cheer for both teams. Eat lots of Cracker Jacks.
15. Go around the city with sidewalk chalk and draw hearts on random things.
16. Walk around a city and perform short silent plays in front of security cameras.
17. With camera and pair of boots, make a photo log of a day in the life of the invisible man.
18. Walk around the city all night and find a place to eat breakfast at dawn.
19. Go to a restaurant and convince the cook to create something completely new for you.
20. Rent a movie you’ve never seen before. Set on mute and improvise dialogue.
Alright, some of these are pretty silly, but you get the idea! Branch out, try new things! Even if it sounds a little crazy, it will be a fun story to tell later, or an embarrassing story to tell MUCH later. One thing I have done before is traveled randomly to another city. We set a budget and just started driving! To this day (even after all these years) it is still one of my favorite memories of those early years dating my soon-to-be-husband. Life is too short to settle into a routine. Shake it up a little and see where life will take you!
To see more inspiring videos, articles, and uplifting content, check out Happy Tango every day! If you loved what you saw here then like and share this with the links below!