I have to admit, I have thought a great many of these before. Some of them might not apply to you, but I don’t doubt that we’ve all thought these things a time or two! Most of them are a little silly, but I can’t leave them out of this list because it gave me a good laugh to read them! Have you thought any of these before?
1. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can’t wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that’s not only better, but also more directly involves me.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you’re going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you’re crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
4. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
5. Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the “people you may know” feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose not to be friends with?
6. Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn’t work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ’s. We just figured it out. Today’s kids are soft.
7. There is a great need for sarcasm font.
8. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what was going on when I first saw it.
9. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I’ll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone’s laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I’m still the only one who really, really gets it.
10. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
11. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
12. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
13. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
14. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear what they said?
15. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!
16. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
17. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water. (That would be me.)
18. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you’ve made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
19. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don’t want to have to restart my collection.
20. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
I feel like #19 should be universally accepted. We don’t need any more technology. (This is where that sarcasm font from #7 would be helpful!)
Which ones can you relate to? And which ones would you add? My personal thought occurs most often in the line at the grocery store. “You really don’t need to stand so close to me. The line will still move if you aren’t breathing down my neck.” Anyone else?
To see more inspiring videos, articles, and uplifting content, check out Happy Tango every day! If you loved what you saw here then like and share this with the links below!