Have you ever had a bad day at work? What am I saying, of course you have! While the stress of an office job can be completely different than the stress of a retail job, some of these are just so relatable! Whether it’s a client, a patient, or maybe even a colleague, some of these complaints are just a little too universal. It turns out, no matter where you work, there will always be someone to make you roll your eyes inwardly and plaster on the fakest smile you’ve ever tried to make!
1. “Do you work here?” No, this name tag is just for fun.
2. When customers get mad at employees for poorly made clothing or damaged items.
3. Decide they don’t want something at the till and just leave it there without saying anything. This is the worst when it’s from the frozen section, fresh meat, or fish. A nice surprise at the end of a shift. Seriously, just say something!
4. Return something only moments after initially buying it.
5. Tell you that an item that you sell is cheaper in another store. Best be on your way, then!
6. Make four different transactions…by card.
7. Try to return products which have been damaged by misuse.
8. Spend half an hour browsing when the store is trying to close. The music is off, all but one register is closed, the front door is locked with an associate standing by to let you out…but no, you keep on “just looking.” I’m hungry, please let me go home.
9. Talk on their phones while you’re trying to help them. And then complaining that no one helped them to the manager to try and get a discount.
10. When they hand you a $50/$100 bill, and while you’re checking it they say, “I just made that myself.” Great, do you realize if my manager had heard that, they would probably refuse your currency and cause a huge scene? Good thing I just want this shift to end.
11. The extreme coupon people. At least get organized before you come to the register and rummage through dozens of rumpled coupons.
12. Parents that allow their children to run rampant. I’m not saying put your kid on a leash or anything, but don’t let them ruin my t-shirt table or end cap, and don’t get mad if he hurts himself when he hits his head after tripping on the items he just threw onto the floor.
13. When a customer destroys a pile of shirts looking for their size. Just look at the tags. That’s why I folded them with the sizes showing.
14. Complain about the prices. News flash, I don’t set the prices! Write a letter to corporate, don’t yell at me.
15. When customers leave clothes in the fitting room or even worse, in a ball on the floor. I don’t want to put all that crap back. If you work in a busy store like I do, you don’t have time to put back 20 things from every customer that goes into a fitting room. Bring them back out with you, you slob. What would your mother say?!
16. When a customer lays the money on the table, then when giving change, expects for it to go in their hand.
17. “Are there more in the back?” No. The “back” isn’t a magical place that produces whatever we demand. We all know what came in shipment – trust me, we are just as upset that corporate still hasn’t sent that thing you and 100 other customers are looking for.
18. “You look like you need something to do.” Winner, winner! You’re the 1,000th customer to say this to me today! Never mind the fact that I’ve been here since 6am working stock.
19. “You look bored.” Because I am. Now let me ring your items up so you can be on your way, I have a ton of shipment to process.
20. “So that means it’s free, right?” Oh, because it didn’t scan? Insert fake laugh here.
Man, these workers are not having a good time! Are you guilty of any of these? I will admit to using dozens of coupons at the register, and they are pretty crumpled up in my wallet…after reading this, I’ll make sure that I keep them nice and neat in an envelope or something! It’ll save my time and their time! Are these accurate, or just too sarcastic?!
To see more inspiring articles and uplifting content, check out Happy Tango every day! If you loved what you saw here then like and share this with the links below!