Do you talk in your sleep? According to my sisters, I seem to have this strange condition as well. There isn’t a solid diagnosis for talking in your sleep, and scientists aren’t too sure why it happens. A person can start talking during any stage of their sleep – even when they aren’t dreaming. Luckily, I don’t do it that often, and when I do, it isn’t for very long so it usually doesn’t bother anyone else in the house. Thank goodness! However, these accounts are taken from the best sleeping roommates, spouses, and kids and compiled into a “top ten!” Which ones are your favorite?
1. “There’s a camel in my closet. Just throw some sand at it.”
2. “I need to find my eyes tomorrow, they’re gone…” I still have no idea what he meant. He had both eyebrows in the morning, though.
3. “I’m going to go put aluminum siding on the toilet.” Thanks, hun. The toilets will appreciate your hard work, I’m sure.
4. With urgent authority, my brother sits up and shouts, “Get me my shoes!” Then looks around absently, and says, “There are strangers under the couch.”
5. When my brother was younger (about 6), he fell off the top bunk in his sleep. He climbed back up and lay down, still asleep. I asked him what was happening and he said “a bad guy just punched me in the arm”. Turns out he broke his arm and tried to sleep it off.
6. My girlfriend told me that a few weeks ago I said in my sleep, “there’s a hidden meaning in Bambi. His mum’s an alcoholic.”
7. My boyfriend frequently talks in his sleep. His last one was “Whiskey sounds like something you would feed to cats, who have whiskers.”
8. I woke up in the middle of the night to my wife struggling to get out of bed. I asked her what was going on and she replied with “I need to press the button!” I could tell she was still half asleep so I said “Come back to bed, I already pressed the button for you” She then, in a very condescending tone, said “You don’t even know how!”
9. When my younger brother was around 12 and I was in my mid-twenties, I came home from a night out and he was sleeping on my couch. He stood up, looked at me, and said very forcefully, “Stop wasting the science.” Then whispered, “Keep it safe.”
10. My husband rolled over while dead asleep, snuggled me and said “you are the burning ember in the jungles of my night.”
I still want to know where there was a camel in the closet. This poster provided no context…which rings true for most of these. What could possibly have been going on in these crazy dreams?! It’s fun to imagine. For the most part, when people talk in their sleep, they usually don’t remember what they were dreaming about or what they said. This is one of the stranger things about being human! Weird!
To see more inspiring articles and uplifting content, check out Happy Tango every day! If you loved what you saw here then like and share this with the links below!