Have you ever had a stuffed pepper? Sure, they might be good, but the amount of work that goes into making them doesn’t always sound like a lot of fun. Sauteeing meat, cooking beans, mixing veggies and adding seasoning, then not forgetting them in the oven? It’s a lot! One smart cook has found a way to make delicious stuffed peppers…in her crock pot! The results are absolutely mouth-watering! I need one. Now.
It starts easy enough. Cutting the tops off of the bell peppers (and putting the extra aside to mix in later), she coats the inside of the pot with a non-stick spray and fits the peppers inside.
The next part is so easy, you’ll wonder why we all haven’t been doing it this way for years!
Mix all of the raw ingredients…in a bowl. Yep. Raw meat, canned beans, onions, and all of the ingredients mixed in a giant bowl. She used the following, but you can change it to taste!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, optional
All you do next is set your pot to cook on LOW heat for 5 to 6 hours! (Or on HIGH for 2 to 3) Once the meat is cooked all the way through and the peppers are nice and tender, you’re ready to eat! Cover the delicious peppers with as much cheese as you want and wait for it to melt. She drizzled hers with sour cream. Aren’t they divine?
You can get the full recipe here, and add it to your list of easy, delicious, HEALTHY meals for the week! With only 15 minutes of prep time, it’s no surprise that this meal is an instant favorite!