What goes into your savings is dictated by your spending habits. From purchasing basic necessities to splurging on luxuries, you have to be smart on how to allocate money. Here are some hacks that will help you budget and save money at the same time.
1. Order coffee instead. Take a look at the bar list at the restaurant and you’ll notice how expensive other beverages are. A cup of coffee is enough of a compliment to any meal.
2. Create a grocery list. Before you head to the grocery store, make sure you have a list. Check your items in the cabinet and list down what needs to be replenished. Remember to stick to the list or risk overspending.
3. Prepare your own lunch. When you prepare your own lunch, not only will you have healthier meals, but you also save money on good ingredients rather than buying overpriced takeouts.
4. Maintain your car. Check the tire pressure of your car at least once a week. This simple tip will save you monthly gas money.
5. Compare fuel prices. Find the time to drive around your area and compare prices from different filling stations. It’s easy to save up when you know where the best deals are.
6. Avoid sudden starts and stops. Practice defensive driving and avoid sudden starting and stopping of the car. Maintain a pace that won’t anger your fellow drivers.
7. Ride the transit. Take the public transportation instead of cabs. You should only ride when there’s an emergency to which you have to attend.
8. Find sales and discounts. Once you find a pair of shoes that’s really attractive, impulse tells you to buy it immediately. Control yourself and wait for discounted prices. Other choices might also be available.
9. Be a little thrifty. Great deals are available on thrift stores. It’s up to you to put a little effort in finding high-quality items. Who knows what you might find.
10. Know the label. Most people ignore the label on clothes. Find the time to understand what’s written in the care instructions because this will give you tips on how to take care of your shirts and jeans.