“The Bro Code” is a phenomenon that came together organically. Bro’s have been following these laws for years, but have never bothered to write them down…mostly because they are just made up of common sense. I didn’t realize that I live mostly by the bro code…and I’m not even a bro! Seriously, I don’t care what you say, #18 applies to us all, bro or not.
1. All groceries must go from the vehicle to the house in one trip. It does not matter how many bags there are.
2. Thou shalt always talk crap to each other, but never actually mean it.
3. If you’re in a conversation where girls are talking about one of your friends, and you know he likes one of them, you should always drop “good bombs” – basically subtly mention good things about him in a non-bromance way.
4. Alcohol is a form of currency.
5. Never take your buddy’s last beer without asking. Ever.
6. No grudges. You talk or fight out your differences then have a beer and get over it.
7. Do not date your best friend’s ex. Even if they say it’s fine, you simply don’t do it. It can destroy relationships.
8. Chill out. It’s really not such a big deal. This statement applies to pretty much everything, at any time.
9. Player 1 shall always fall to whomever owns the console.
10. Shotgun is a responsibility, not a privilege. If you are sitting up front, you’re not a passenger, you’re the copilot. You’re responsible for music selection, navigation, and responding to calls and texts on the driver’s phone.
11. Don’t throw a friend under the bus to impress someone. Ever.
12. When offered a beer, accept even if it’s not “your brand”. Your favorite brand of beer is “free”. Your second favorite is “cold”.
13. If it makes for a good story – do it.
14. If a guy is engaged in a conversation with a woman, don’t interrupt or try to piggyback. Find your own girl.
15. If your bro dies, delete his internet history.
16. If a bro dies while lifting, put more weight on the bar, then call 911.
17. NEVER use the urinal directly next to another man unless absolutely necessary, and for the love of all that is holy, do not speak to him.
18. Be polite around your bro’s girlfriend, but when he asks what you think, always lay the cold hard truth on him.
19. If they helped you move, you are compelled by law to reciprocate. If a bro uses his truck, fill up the tank.
20. There are specific rules to the “head nod” when greeting another male. If you know them, you nod up. If you don’t know them, you nod down. Fact.
Did you already know about this code? Maybe you helped add to it at one point in your life. I love that so many people are on board with the concept of a code between bro’s without actually being taught about it by anyone else. It just sort of…is. How cool is that? Do you have any “laws” that you think should be added to this list?
To see more inspiring articles and uplifting content, check out Happy Tango every day! If you loved what you saw here then like and share this with the links below!