I wouldn’t consider myself an introvert, but this list is suspiciously accurate about things I think about on a daily basis! I know that I tend to lean towards having anxiety about certain social situations, but I hadn’t ever seen the things I think about listed so perfectly in a neat little list! Who knew? Maybe I am an introvert at heart…although after having kids, it gets a lot easier to push these insecurities aside and just do whatever needs to be done. Who’s got two thumbs and can sit through an entire PTA meeting? This girl.
1. That feeling of dread that washes over you when the phone rings and you’re not mentally prepared to chat.
2.When you want to cut all ties to civilization but still be on the internet.
3. Trying to be extra outgoing when you flirt so your crush doesn’t think you hate them.
4. When spending a heavenly weekend alone means that you’re missing out on time with friends.
5. And you fear that by doing so, you are nearing ‘hermit’ status.
6. When your ride at a party doesn’t want to leave early, and no one seems to understand your distress.
7.When your friend wants to invite more people over, and you don’t want to sound like a bad person by saying no.
8. Practicing conversations with people you’ll never talk to.
9. When you have an awesome night out, but have to deal with feeling exhausted for days after the fact.
10. People saying “Just be more social.”
11. When you’re able to enjoy parties and meetings, but after a short amount of time wish you were home in your pajamas.
12. Staying up late every night because it’s the only time that you can actually be alone.
13. People making you feel weird for wanting to do things by yourself.
14. Having more conversations in your head than you do in real life.
15. The need to recharge after social situations.
16. People calling you out for day dreaming too much.
17. Carrying a book to a public place so no one will bug you, but other people take that as a conversation starter.
18. People interrupting your thoughts, and you get irrationally angry.
19. Having to say “I kind of want to spend some time by myself” when you have to deal with that friend that always wants to hang out.
20. When you’re asked to do a group project, and know that you’re going to hate every minute of it.
21. When you hear the question “Wanna hang out?”, and your palms start to sweat with anxiety.
22. When you hear, “Are you OK?” or “Why are you so quiet?” for the umpteenth time.
23. Having visitors stay with you is a nightmare, because it means you have to be on at ALL TIMES.
24. When people stop inviting you places because you’re the one that keeps canceling plans.
25. Being horrified of small talk, but enjoying deep discussions.
26. When you need to take breaks and recharge after socializing for too long.
27. The requirement to think introspectively rather than go to someone else with your problems.
28. Not wanting to be alone, just wanting to be left alone. And people not understanding that.
29. When people mistake your thoughtful look for being shy, or worse, moody.
30. That people need to know that you aren’t mad, depressed or anti-social. You just need to not talk to anyone for a while. And that’s okay.
I’m pretty sure this list describes people who are hyper aware of their surroundings and social interactions happening around them rather than being technically introverted, but #25 describes me so, so perfectly! Yes, I want to hear about how your new job is going. No, I do not want to talk about how the weather is colder than yesterday. What did you think about this list? I think it’s pretty great!
To see more inspiring videos, articles, and uplifting content, check out Happy Tango every day! If you loved what you saw here then like and share this with the links below!